The following discloses the terms of service, information gathering and dissemination practices of AtoZ Directories and School Directorease and its websites including schooldirectoryupdate.com and atozconnect.com all collectively referred to as the “Company” and the “Site” based in Rockville, MD.
By using the Company’s software and website (Services), you, your organization, and your users, members, and officers agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without notice and your continued use of our software constitutes your consent to such changes. If we change our terms and conditions we will notify you via email or by means of a notice on our site. Changes or modifications will be effective when notice of such change is emailed to you or posted on this Site. If you do not agree to any of the amended Terms, you must stop using this Site and the Services immediately. Your continued use of this Site and the Services after any such changes are emailed or posted will constitute your acceptance of those changes or modifications.
If you register and subscribe for an account on this Site, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information as may be prompted by any registration forms on this Site; (b) maintain the security and confidentiality of your User ID and password; (c) accept all risks of unauthorized access to the registration forms, registration information, or any other information you provide to us; (d) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your registration information, User ID or password. You are responsible for all activities that occur on your account, including the activity of any other account Users and your members.
You agree that you will not use this Site or Services (i) in a manner that violates any local, state, national/federal, international law, regulation, or these Terms; or (ii) to engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts this Site or the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to this Site or the Services). By way of example, and not as a limitation:
- You will not, directly or indirectly: harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Use a false identity or forged email address or header, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to your identity
- You agree not to use the Services to upload, post, distribute, link to, publish, reproduce, engage in or transmit any of the following, including but not limited to: – Illegal, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, harassing, offensive, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory, inappropriate or objectionable information or content of any kind
Links to External Sites:
This Site, or emails created using or processed by this Site, may include links to external, or third party, web sites. These links may have been introduced by content contributed by others, or were provided to you by an Affiliate as a convenience only. In any case, following links to other sites is done at your own risk and the Company accepts no liability for any linked sites or their content. When you access an external Web site, keep in mind that the Company has no control over its content.
You agree to the following anti-spam policy rules. Failure to do so will result in the termination of your account.
- You may not use third party mailing lists. Email cannot be sent to lists that have been acquired (bought or loaned) from a third party, no matter what the claim regarding quality or permission. This does not apply to lists obtained from your school or association which are not considered “3rd party”.
- Email cannot be sent to lists that have been manually or automatically scraped or copied from the internet
- You may only send emails to people that have explicitly granted their permission to receive your email. It is assumed that lists you receive from the school or your association contain that permission.
- You will ensure that emails don’t generate an unacceptable level of Spam complaints
- You will include in each email the name and status of the sender. Email must not contain any false or misleading header information. “From,” “To,” “ReplyTo,” – including the originating domain name and email address – must be accurate and clearly identify the person or organization who initiated the message.
Data Privacy and Security Policy
The success and survival of our company is linked directly to the safety and security of your data. Every group (school, neighborhood, civic association, congregation, etc.) using our products has its data kept in a safe and secure environment and each group will have complete control of their information.
- The software is username and password protected and all passwords are hashed. Each parent with a first or last name will have a unique username and password that allows them to see your school’s information. No one else is able to access your school data and you can turn off access to anyone at any time.
- Our site uses a TLS 1.0 secure connection. The connection is encrypted using AES_128_CBC (128 bit high-grade encryption) with SHA1 for message authentication and RSA as the key exchange mechanism.
- Our data is hosted on Amazon Web Services who employs the latest and greatest firewall and other data safeguards.
The Company will not review, share, distribute, sell, or reference any Data without customer permission or as may be required by law. Individual records may at times be viewed or accessed only for the purpose of resolving a problem, support issue, billing issue, or as may be required by law.
AtoZ will not directly contact your users using the data stored in our software unless responding to a customer service request from you or them, notifying them of a new software feature that becomes available, alerting them to a software problem that might need their attention, or if the customer has directly opted into one of our mailing lists.
The Company may at times aggregate non-identifying Data from across all groups for research purposes but will never sell, distribute, or reference Data that could be used to identify any individual group or member. Customers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of their user registration and passwords.
Company’s Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Company’s Liability
COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE COMPANY SITES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITES AND ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITES RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE SITES AND ALL SERVICES PROVIDED BY COMPANY ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. COMPANY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITES OR COMPANY’S SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES OR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR SHAREHOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF USER’S ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITES OR THE CONTENT OR MATERIALS THEREIN (INCLUDING THE SITES TOOLS), WHETHER IN A CONTRACT ACTION OR BASED ON NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORT ACTION, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, IN ACCESSING THE SITES.
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to the Company’s sites or to products or services sold or distributed by the Company will be handled in accordance with the laws of the state of Maryland.